May 18, 2018, 9:59 pm
Claremont, California: Bright Road Recovery Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment Center now accepts Aetna Health and Anthem Blue Cross insurance, significantly expanding access to treatment for the Inland Empire. The addition of these insurers makes higher levels of outpatient care, including partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, more affordable and easier to attend for many more individuals who live in Claremont and surrounding areas.
Finding expert eating disorder care in the Inland Empire has been a challenge for many. “We’ve often heard of patients having to drive fifty, sixty miles or more per day—sometimes each way---to receive eating disorder help,” says Tamson Overholtzer, Bright Road Recovery’s executive director and certified eating disorder specialist. “Now that we are in-network with both Aetna and Anthem Blue Cross, finding and accessing this type of specialized treatment will be so much easier for many who live in our community.”
Eating disorders are among the most serious and complicated psychiatric disorders.
• Eating disorder prevalence is approximately 2-4% of the total population, meaning that between 80,000 to 160,000 individuals in the Inland Empire will have an eating disorder at any given time;
• Marginalized populations have an even higher incidence of eating disorders than the general population, yet they tend to be the most under-identified and have the most difficulty accessing care;
• 4-5% of those experiencing an eating disorder will die as a result of their disorder;
• Approximately 10% of those diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa will die as a result of their disorder, making it the deadliest of all psychiatric disorders.
• Eating disorders are treatable—recovery rates increase dramatically with treatment and early intervention.
“With all that we know about how serious eating disorders are, it’s important to make sure that local health care includes access to excellent eating disorder treatment,” asserts Overholtzer. “Contracting with these two large insurers takes us closer to the goal of making sure that anyone who needs treatment can receive it.” Other insurance companies use Aetna and Anthem to manage their mental/behavioral health benefits. “If you don’t see your insurer listed on our website, we still encourage you to call us,” Overholtzer urges. “Sometimes your small insurer is contracted with a larger company like Aetna or Anthem. If not, sometimes all it takes is to hear from a subscriber that they need help in their local community for an insurer to realize there is a need for additional services. We want to help folks who are trying to navigate the system to get connected to resources, whether with us or someone else.”
About the Company: Bright Road Recovery is an outpatient eating disorder treatment center providing care at the intensive outpatient program and partial hospitalization program levels. Bright Road Recovery also offers outpatient psychotherapy for individuals and families and professional nutritional counseling by registered dietitians. Located in the historic Claremont Village, Bright Road Recovery has easy freeway and Metrolink access. Parking is easy and plentiful in the Metrolink lot.
For more information, please visit www.BrightRoadRecovery.com.